Hometown: Lincoln, NE
Car No.: 1R
Team: Matt Richards Racing
Occupation: Owner, Piedmont Auto Care and Richards Machine
Personal Vehicle: 1969 Chevelle
*2016 IMCA Super Nationals qualfier, finishing 19th out of 130+entries
.2015 IMCA Sprintcar Super National feature qualifier out of 100+ entries
.2014 IMCA sprintcar Super National feature qualifier,finishing in top 10 in Super feature
.2014 Race Of Champions feature qualifier, finishing 6th.
•2013 4th in Nebraska IMCA State points
.2013 7th in IMCA National rookie sprintcar points
.2013 4th at Eagle Raceway Sprintcar points
.2012 Eagle Raceway,Hard Charger Award (most cars passed in 'A'Features- 118).
• 2008 Junction Motor Speedway, NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Modified Track Champion.
• 2007 I-80 Speedway, NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Modified Track Champion.
• 2005 Bull Valley Speedway, ASA Track Champion.
• 2004 Butler County Speedway, IMCA Modified Track Champion.
• 2004 Butler County Speedway, Mid-Season Points Champion.
• 2004 Butler County Speedway, Mid-Season $2,500 Feature Winner.
• 2003 Seven feature wins including Octoberfest Pole Dash win at Beatrice Speedway.
• 2002 Eagle Raceway, IMCA Modified Snap-On Series Points Championship.
• 2001 Late Model 'A' feature win, 5th in Championship Points at Butler County Speedway.
• 2000 Top-10 finish in Late Models at Tiny Lund Memorial. Ran Touring series CNCTA with Late Model
• 1999 Phillips County Fair, Holyoke, Colo., $1,000 IMCA Modified Feature Winner.
• 1997 4th of July Firecracker Special $1000 Feature Win at McCook Speedway.